Monday, May 29, 2006

My Dream House, 150 Milam St, Houston, TX

This is someone's unbelievable house in downtown Houston. I almost caused an accident on the off-ramp of I-45 when I saw it. Supposedly, it is owned by a guy that comes from family money that occasionally throws massive parties. There is a swimming pool on the roof that looks like an in-ground except one side is bisected with glass, like the rest of the place. Yummy.

I just started reading Stewart Brand's "How Buildings Learn: What happens after they are built" about architectural transformations over time. He highlights the relationship of architectural form and time proposing adaptive reuse as the norm, not the deviation. He also occasionally romanticizes his past lives in impromptu work spaces, beached boats, church attics, etc.












0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home